- Covered by our 2-year transferable warranty
We decided to set the highest bar with OL DAC, by far outperforming ODAC and eclipsing the sea of alternatives beyond just benchmarks. OL DAC's external AC power supply ensures 100% consistent noise performance and its relay muting eliminates power-up transients; while the minimalist USB Edition relies on the same external AC powered design minus relay muting and optical input.
"You can marry this little low noise, low jitter, low distortion DAC to any amp you wish and end up with banging budget audiophile results (did I mention that the OL DAC is $139?)"
OL DAC REVIEW, February 2017
"I think this DAC is a great value. For $139, you get a well-built, well-design, high performance DAC. It is audibly transparent, and if NwAVGuy were still around, I'm sure he'd praise it as objective, just like his original product designs."
OL DAC REVIEW
OPTICAL AND USB INPUTS
OL DAC provides the basics. Its USB Audio Class 1 engine is plug-and-play with all operating systems, and optional optical input expands connectivity to home entertainment. Mode is easily selected by a front mounted slider switch.
DIFFERENTIAL SUMMING OUTPUT
Differential output of the AK4490EQ DAC is summed by a low noise amplifier, with DC coupling throughout. Directly drive any load!
OL DAC is powered by the same circuitry developed for our flagship EL DAC, using an AC power adapter and 9 linear regulators to ensure consistent rail voltage and super low ripple (no USB power). Never be bothered by USB hubs or OS power management configuration again!
- Frequency Response 10Hz-20kHz (96k) +/- 0.15dB
- THD+N 20Hz-20kHz < 0.001%
- IMD CCIF 19/20 kHz -6.03 dBFS 0.00033%
- IMD SMPTE -6.03 dBFS 0.00031%
- Noise (A-Weighted) -109 dBu
- Dynamic Range (A-Weighted) 114 dB
- Linearity Error -90 dBFS +/-0.01 dB
- Crosstalk -10 dBFS 100K RCA -108 dB
- USB Jitter Components 11025Hz -116 dB
- PCB Stackup 4 Layers
- Maximum DAC Line-Output, 100K 2.00 VRMS
- Case Dimensions 4.27 x 3.15 x 1.16 in
- Weight 13 oz
- Audio Formats (Optical) 16/44.1kHz thru 24/192kHz**
- Audio Formats (USB) 16/44.1kHz thru 24/96kHz
- USB Interface USB Audio Class 1
- USB Driver OS Support Windows XP/7/8/10, PS4, OS X, iOS, Linux
- Digital Inputs USB and TOSLINK*
- DAC Line-Output RCA
- OL DAC v1.10
- 15VAC Power Adapter
- 3ft USB Type-A Cable