- Covered by our 2-year transferable warranty
Atom DAC is built to pair with the enormously popular JDS Labs Atom Amp, adopting our latest XMOS based USB Audio Class 2 input stage with support for future firmware updates. A subtle light ring glows when in use, and automatically powers down during inactivity. A dedicated transformer ensures mains isolation. Stack Atom DAC with your Atom Amp and enjoy!
Atom DAC's USB engine is clocked by an SiTime MEMS oscillator with ±10ppm frequency stability, delivering pristine jitter.
Atom DAC's XMOS based firmware configures and manages its USB input, with DFU support for future feature additions.
USB AUDIO CLASS 2
Atom DAC supports up to 32/384kHz PCM over a custom XMOS XU208 based UAC2 engine. While we claim no measurable superiority of high sampling rates, UAC2 and ASIO support satisfy your pursuit of bitperfect listening.
Atom DAC is powered by a perfected supply network, with an external AC transformer and 10 regulators that ensure consistent rail voltage and super low ripple.
Atom DAC automatically enters standby after 15 minutes of inactivity, powering down its light ring and D/A circuitry, and audio wakes up within milliseconds. Standby can optionally be disabled by loading our 'sleepless' firmware.
DIFFERENTIAL SUMMING OUTPUT
Differential output of a AK4490EQ DAC is summed by a low noise NJR output stage, with DC coupling throughout. Drive any load you wish.
- Frequency Response 10Hz-20kHz +/- 0.15dB
- SINAD 110 dB
- THD+N 20Hz-20kHz < 0.0008%
- IMD CCIF 19/20 kHz -6.03 dBFS 0.00013%
- IMD SMPTE -6.03 dBFS 0.0017%
- Noise (A-Weighted) -109 dBu
- Dynamic Range (A-Weighted) 117 dB
- Linearity Error -90 dBFS -0.06 dB
- Crosstalk -10 dBFS 100K RCA -104 dB
- USB Jitter Components 12kHz -124 dB
- Maximum DAC Line-Output, 100K 2.00 VRMS
- PCB Stackup 4 Layers
- Case Dimensions 5.0 x 5.3 x 1.4 in
- Weight 8 oz
- Audio Formats 16/44.1kHz thru 32/384kHz PCM
- USB Interface USB Audio Class 2
- USB Driver OS Support Windows 7/8/10, MacOS, Linux, Android
- Digital Inputs USB
- DAC Line-Output RCA
- Atom DAC
- 15VAC Power Adapter
- 3ft USB Type A to Type B Cable w/Ferrite
- Rocker Power Switch
- Atom DAC - Instructions (EN)
- Atom DAC - Instructions (DE)
Atom DAC - XMOS Drivers v4.13.0
No drivers are required for Mac OS, Linux, or Windows 10.
You may optionally install the XMOS drivers in Windows 10 to enable ASIO support.
XMOS drivers are required for Windows 7/8.
Atom DAC - Optional Sleepless Firmware v1.5.2
This download is not required. You may optionally download and install `Sleepless Firmware v1.5.2` if you wish to disable Atom DAC's automatic standby mode.
Instructions for Windows
1. Please install XMOS Drivers linked above, if you have not done so already.
2. Connect Atom DAC directly to a USB port on your computer. Use of a USB hub or USB port on your monitor can cause the update to hang.
3. Navigate to: C:\Program Files\XMOS\USBAudioStDriver_30E1\W10_x64
4. Open the Firmware DFU updater app: xmosusbaudiost30E1_dfuapp.exe
5. Click Browse and select this downloaded file: atom_dac_sleepless-v1.5.2-upgrade.bin
6. Start Start.
7. You should see the version change from 1.4.2 to 1.5.2 upon completion.