EL DAC II
- Covered by our 2-year transferable warranty
Simplified Audio, Re-engineered
We designed the Element Line for precision fit and function. EL DAC II furthers the exceptional performance of its predecssor with relay muting, an XMOS based USB Class 2 engine with MEMS oscillator, transformer isolated coaxial input, and higher performance optical input. Stack with EL Amp II for single button switching between headphones and speakers.
EL DAC II's USB engine is clocked by an SiTime MEMS oscillator with ±10ppm frequency stability, delivering pristine jitter.
Microprocessor controlled relays are standard in EL DAC II so that power up and input mode changes are free of audible transients.
USB Audio Class 2
EL DAC II supports up to 32/384kHz PCM over a custom XMOS XU208 based UAC2 engine. While we claim no measurable superiority of high sampling rates, UAC2 and ASIO support satisfy your pursuit of bitperfect listening.
EL DAC II is powered by a perfected supply network, with an external AC transformer and 13 regulators that ensure consistent rail voltage and super low ripple. Never be bothered by USB hubs or OS power difficulties again.
Enjoy the presence of your EL DAC II with front and center mode selection via a touch-sensitive light ring.
Differential Summing Output
Differential output of a AK4493EQ DAC is summed by a low noise NJR output stage, with DC coupling throughout. Drive any load you wish.
Transformer Isolated S/PDIF
Coaxial S/PDIF input is isolated using a Pulse transformer to minimize the possibility of ground loop noise.
EL DAC II is built an a 4-layer, star grounded printed circuit board with proper 90-ohm characteristic impedance of its USB input.
Our custom XMOS based firmware configures and manages EL DAC II's USB input and AK4493, with DFU support for possible future feature additions.
- Frequency Response 10Hz-20kHz +/- 0.13 dB
- THD+N 20Hz-20kHz < 0.0010%
- IMD CCIF 19/20 kHz -6.03 dBFS 0.00016%
- IMD SMPTE -6.03 dBFS 0.00029%
- Noise (A-Weighted) -110 dBu
- Dynamic Range (A-Weighted) 119 dB
- Linearity Error -90 dBFS -0.01 dB
- Crosstalk -10 dBFS 100K RCA -109 dB
- USB Jitter Components 12kHz -126 dB
- PCB Stackup 4 Layers
- Maximum DAC Line-Output, 100K 2.00 VRMS
- Case Dimensions 5.8 x 5.8 x 0.9 in
- Weight 13 oz
- Digital Inputs USB, TOSLINK, and Coaxial S/PDIF
- DAC Line-Output RCA
- 1. Windows 10 supports 32/384k; XMOS drivers and other operating systems may limit to 24/192kHz.
- 2. Many sources are unable to reliably transmit at 192kHz.
- EL DAC II
- 16VAC Power Adapter
- 3ft USB Type A to Type B Cable w/Ferrite
- 6ft TOSLINK Cable
- EL DAC II Instructions (EN)
EL DAC II - Optional Firmware v1.6.6
EL DAC II firmware v1.6.6, dated 04/02/2021, is recommended for use with most operating systems.
For more information and Installation guidance, please see Custom Firmware Builds.
EL DAC II - XMOS Drivers v4.13.0
No drivers are required for Mac OS, Linux, or Windows 10.
You may optionally install the XMOS drivers in Windows 10 to enable ASIO support.
XMOS drivers are required for Windows 7/8.