HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER + PREAMP
- Covered by our 2-year transferable warranty
YOUR NEW FAVORITE AMP + PREAMP
Conceived as the next-generation replacement to Objective2, Atom Amp builds on more than a decade of amplifier design evolution at JDS Labs. We've streamlined the amp to include everything our customers have requested without additional configuration or cost. Atom Amp comes fully loaded with a smooth 1/4" headphone jack, gold-plated preamp RCA outputs, and both 3.5mm and RCA inputs. More power. No noise. Front-mounted controls. Atom Amp, our new standard for performance and value in a headphone amp.
We have arrived at the golden age of headphone amplification folks. What JDS Labs Atom delivers for just $99 is astonishing. Performance is without fault. Plenty of power is available for even high impedance headphones like Sennheiser HD-650. We are talking clean, clean, power.
Atom is clean and precise. It outperforms the price tag and it comes as no surprise to say that it is my personal recommendation for a neutral, balanced amplifier at a low budget.
It is hands DOWN a breathtaking unit to listen to and it unquestionably sets a new standard for what's possible from a $99 Amplifier!
Unplug your headphones and Atom Amp's knob adjusts volume of its RCA preamp outputs, so that you can control volume of your powered speakers.
Atom Amp consolidates the need for a separate amp and preamp. Connect up to two sources and select between 3.5mm and RCA input with the push of a button.
ULTRA HIGH POWER
While most headphone listening demands only milliwatts, Atom Amp uses the same output buffers as our flagship Element Line, pushing 1W of clean audio per channel.
Designed for desktop listening, Atom Amp's relay muting eliminates pops and thumps during startup.
Low gain of 1.0x is well suited to driving efficient IEMs, while high gain easily powers demanding full size sets when paired with a 2VRMS DAC.
Atom Amp is our most advanced analog amplifier to date, achieving top performance from its 4-layer, star grounded layout.
- Frequency Response, 20Hz-20kHz +/- 0.01dB
- THD+N, 1kHz, 32 Ω 0.0008%
- THD+N, 20Hz-20kHz, 32 Ω 0.0012%
- IMD CCIF 19/20kHz 32 Ω 0.0002%
- IMD SMPTE 32Ω 0.0005%
- Noise, A-Weighted -114 dBu
- Crosstalk @ 150 Ω -87 dB
- Input Impedance 10k Ω
- Output Impedance 0.1 Ω
- Channel Balance < 0.6 dB
- Max Continuous Power @ 600Ω 125mW (8.68 VRMS)
- Max Continuous Power @ 150Ω 502 mW (8.66 VRMS)
- Max Continuous Power @ 32Ω 1 Watt (5.66 VRMS)
- Case Dimensions 5.0 x 5.5 x 1.4 in 1.
- Weight 9.3 oz
- Headphone Output 6.35mm (1/4")
- Analog Inputs RCA and 3.5mm
- Preamp-Output RCA
- Dual Gain 1.0x and 4.5x
- Volume Potentiometer Taper 15A 2.
- 1. Font on the Atom Amp enclosure has been updated to match Atom DAC, effective August 27th
- 2. All Atom Amp potentiometers are hand matched as of May 2020 for optimal channel balance
- Atom Amp
- 16VAC Power Adapter